Tuesday, February 26, 2013

P is for "Pending"

The list of series of books I plan to continue reading goes on...
  • Christopher Paolini
    • Book 3 of his "Inheritance" quartet is Brisingr.
  • Gary Paulsen
    • Book 2 of his "Brian Robeson" quintet is The River, a.k.a. The Return.
    • I also have a book of his titled The Transall Saga.
  • Mervyn Peake
    • Gormenghast, book 2 of the series by the same name, is already on my shelf.
  • Dale Peck
    • The Lost Cities is book 2 of his "Drift House" trilogy.
  • Richard Peck
    • A Season of Gifts is book 3 of his "Grandma Dowdel" trilogy.
    • I think I also have his book The Teacher's Funeral on my shelf.
  • Tamora Pierce
    • Wolf Speaker is book 2 of her "Immortals" quartet.
    • My Book Trolley readers have very persistently asked me to read more of this author's titles.
  • Christopher Pike
    • The Shaktra is book 2 of the "Alosha" trilogy.
  • Daniel Manus Pinkwater
    • I would welcome any of his books, and I may have some of them on my "to-read" shelf already.
  • Dudley Pope
    • Somehow I seem to have missed Ramage and the Dido, the 18th and final "Ramage" novel.
    • I may be interested in reading some of his other fiction and non-fiction titles.
  • Ellen Potter
    • I think I have the next book in her "Olivia Kidney" series, book 3: Olivia Kidney and the Secret Beneath the City.
    • I see a few other titles by her that may interest me.
  • Terry Pratchett
    • I think I have The Last Hero somewhere at home, but I haven't yet picked up I Shall Wear Midnight. These titles should bring me up to date on the Discworld series... so far.
  • Philip Pullman
    • Book 2 of the "Sally Lockhart" quartet is The Shadow in the North. I believe I have this, and the rest of the series as well, on my "to-read" shelf.
  • Howard Pyle
    • I have at least a few of this important author-illustrator's books on my "to-read" shelf, including his Book of Pirates and at least part of his "Round Table" cycle.
  • Robert Rankin
    • There are so many titles by this author that I am tempted to try, though I suspect there is something perverse in the attraction.
  • Arthur Ransome
    • Book 3 of his 12-book "Swallows and Amazons" series is Peter Duck.
  • Douglas Reeman
    • Book 3 of his "Blackwoods / Royal Marines" quintet is The Horizon.
    • Many of his other titles appeal to me. And that's besides the stuff he writes under the pen name Alexander Kent (discussed in a previous installment).
  • Dietlof Reiche
    • Book 3 of his "Golden Hamster" quintet is The Haunting of Freddy, which I may already have on my shelf.
  • Michael Reisman
    • Book 2 of his (so-far) 3-book "Simon Bloom" series is The Octopus Effect.
  • Adam Rex
    • I am interested in at least one of his titles, Fat Vampire: A Never Coming of Age Story.
  • Rick Riordan
    • Book 2 of the "Kane Chronicles" trilogy is The Throne of Fire.
    • Book 2 of the "Heroes of Olympus" quartet is The Son of Neptune.
  • John H. Ritter
    • The Desperado Who Stole Baseball seems to be a prequel to The Boy Who Saved Baseball.
    • Among his other baseball-themed books, I have at least two on my "to-read" shelf: Choosing Up Sides and Over the Wall.
  • J. K. Rowling
    • My bad! I'm Mr. "If you like J. K. Rowling, you may also like..." and yet I haven't read her latest novel, The Casual Vacancy. If I spot the audio-book at the county library, I may check it out.
  • Laura Ruby
    • I have a copy of her book The Wall and the Wing, which seems to be the beginning of a series.
  • Marie Rutkoski
    • Book 2 of her "Kronos Chronicles" trilogy is The Celestial Globe.
...and on...

No comments: