Thursday, February 21, 2013

M is for "More"

More series of books that I am following...
  • D. J. MacHale
    • Book 7 of his 10-book "Pendragon" cycle is The Quillan Games. I have this, and I believe the next couple of books after it, on my "to-read" shelf.
  • Patricia MacLachlan
    • It turns out Sarah, Plain and Tall is only the first book of a 5-book series. Next up: Skylark.
  • Gregory Maguire
    • I believe I have at least one or two of his adultifications of fairy tales, such as Wicked and Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister.
  • Marianne Malone
    • Book 2 of her "Sixty-Eight Rooms" trilogy is Stealing Magic.
  • Melissa Marr
    • Book 2 of her "Wicked Lovely" series (which has either 5, or 7, or maybe 10 books, depending on how you slice it) is Ink Exchange. I think I might own a copy of it already.
  • Amanda Marrone
    • Book 2 of her "Magic Repair Shop" trilogy is The Shape Shifter's Curse.
  • George R. R. Martin
    • I started to read Game of Thrones a while ago, but my interest faltered when I perceived early signs of this author's penchant for wasting character development on people he is about to kill off. I couldn't figure out how, at the rate they were dropping, anyone from the beginning of the book was going to be left at the end. But I owe it to my book column's readers to soldier on.
  • A. Lee Martinez
    • I am interested in pretty much everything this guy has written.
  • Geraldine McCaughrean
    • I might look into her retellings for children of Greek and Roman myths.
  • Patricia McKillip
    • I would happily try anything by this author.
  • Robin McKinley
    • I have Dragonhaven on my "to-read" shelf.
  • Adrian McKinty
    • Book 2 of his "Lighthouse" trilogy, The Lighthouse War, is on my "to-read" shelf.
  • Scott Mebus
    • Book 3 of his "Gods of Manhattan" trilogy is The Sorcerer's Secret.
  • O. R. Melling
    • I have book 2 of her 4 "Chronicles of Faerie," titled The Summer King.
  • Stephenie Meyer
    • I have not yet read book 4, Breaking Dawn, of her "Twilight" series.
  • Livi Michael
  • China MiĆ©ville
    • His list of works also offers a lot of worlds I am keen to explore.
  • Michael Molloy
    • I have his book The House on Falling Star Hill on my shelf.
  • L. M. Montgomery
    • I am missing book 5, Anne's House of Dreams, from her 8-book "Anne Shirley" series.
  • John Morressy
    • Book 2 of his "Kedrigern Chronicles" is Dudgeon and Dragons.
    • I am also interested in his "Starbrat" series.
  • Gerald Morris
    • Book 4 of his 10 "Squire's Tales" is Parsifal's Page. Unfortunately, the next book in the series I have been able to obtain so far is somewhat farther down the list.
    • I should also get into his "Knights' Tales" quartet.
  • Christine Morton-Shaw
    • I might look into her spooky-looking novel The Hunt for the Seventh.
  • Brandon Mull
    • I have The Keys to the Demon Prison, Book 5 of his "Fablehaven" series, on my shelf.
    • I also want to read Arcade Catastrophe, a sequel to The Candy Shop War.
    • Plus, I have yet to even begin reading his "Beyonders" trilogy.
  • Matt Myklusch
    • Book 2 of his "Jack Blank" trilogy is The Secret War.
Tune in next time for a continuation of this list, brought to you by the letter N!

1 comment:

Rev. Alan Kornacki, Jr. said...

I agree with you about Patricia McKillip. After reading her "Riddlemaster of Hed" series, I give her the benefit of the doubt about anything she writes.