Friday, February 15, 2013

Further Proof

Further proof of my creds a follower of umpty-ump trilogies, quartets, and ongoing chains of novels...
  • Orson Scott Card
    • I own and eventually plan to read Ender's Shadow, the first book of a companion-series to the series starting with Ender's Game. If I decide to read further in both series, that will mean nine more books!
    • Also, I haven't ruled out reading further in the Alvin Maker series, continuing with Book 2 of at least 6: Red Prophet.
  • Kristin Cashore
    • Book 3 of her "Seven Kingdoms" trilogy is titled Bitterblue.
  • P. W. Catanese
    • Book 3 of the "Books of Umber" is The End of Time.
  • Michael Chabon
    • I would be interested in reading anything he has written.
  • Raymond Chandler
    • I have at least two or three of his Philip Marlowe books on deck, waiting for my next relapse into hardboiled fever. The next one in publication order is Farewell, My Lovely
    • I think I may also own The High Window, The Long Goodbye, and Trouble Is My Business.
  • G. K. Chesterton
    • The next collection of "Father Brown" stories is titled The Wisdom of Father Brown.
    • I might also be interested, sometime, in reading The Napoleon of Notting Hill.
  • Cinda Williams Chima
    • In the "Seven Realms" series, I am up to The Gray Wolf Throne.
    • In the "Heir Chronicles," I look forward the publication of The Enchanter Heir this October.
  • Gennifer Choldenko
    • In "Tales from Alcatraz," the next book in line for me to read is Al Capone Does My Homework.
    • I may also be interested in reading her young-readers' book No Passengers Beyond This Point.
  • Cassandra Clare
    • I have read the first three books of her "Mortal Instruments" series. Of the two further books in this series, the next one for me will be City of Fallen Angels.
    • I haven't read any of her "Infernal Devices" series, but I do have the first book, Clockwork Angel, on my shelf.
  • Susanna Clarke
    • I have on hand the short-story collection The Ladies of Grace Adieu, which includes material supplementary to Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell.
  • David Clement-Davies
    • I believe I own copies of The Sight and The Telling Pool.
  • Andrew Clements
    • Next up in his "Things" series is the title Things That Are.
  • Eoin Colfer
    • I have missed the latest 3 of (so far) 8 "Artemis Fowl" books, beginning with The Time Paradox.
    • I will also be looking for Screwed, his sequel to Plugged. I have already mentioned his Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy reboot, And Another Thing...
    • I might also look into his W.A.R.P. series, starting with The Reluctant Assassin; and, of course, The Wish List.
  • Suzanne Collins
    • She has moved on from her "Underland Chronicles," and now everybody is reading the trilogy starting with The Hunger Games (lately a popular movie). I haven't decided whether I care to jump on that bandwagon yet. Eventually, I will probably have to if I want my MuggleNet readers to take me seriously.
  • Zizou Corder
    • This mother-daughter writing team is done with the "Lionboy" series, but they have put out a couple of books since then that I might look into: Lee Raven, Boy Thief and Halo.
  • Robert Cormier
    • I believe I have a copy of The Chocolate War lying around somewhere.
  • D. M. Cornish
    • I actually own the latter two books of the "Foundling's Tale" trilogy: Lamplighter and Factotum. I believe there's a bookmark planted about a third of the way into the former. I kind of dread reading them, however. They are tough going.
  • Bruce Coville
    • I'm not sure whether I have any catching up to do on the "Magic Shop" series, but this author offers an embarrassment of fun-sounding titles that might be worth checking out if I ever decide to let The Book Trolley swing more in the "middle grades" direction.
  • Cressida Cowell
    • I have missed books 6 through 10 (so far) of the "How to Train Your Dragon" series, beginning with A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons
    • There's also a companion book, How to Train Your Viking, by Toothless the Dragon.
  • Sharon Creech
    • I think I have at least two of her books that I haven't read yet: Ruby Holler and Castle Corona.
  • Alison Croggon
    • She seems to have added a fifth book to her "Pellinor" quartet: The Friendship.
    • I am also interested in some of her other work, including Black Spring—a fantasy-world remake of Wuthering Heights—and Jimmy Wonderspoon, which features a world populated by cats and rats.
  • Kevin Crossley-Holland
    • I already own the third book of his "Arthur" trilogy: King of the Middle March.
    • A list of his titles shows that he specializes in retellings of Nordic and Arthurian legends, an area in which I have some interest.
  • Marianne Curley
    • I have yet to read the conclusion of her "Guardians of Time" trilogy, The Key.
I've only gotten through three letters of the alphabet (sorting the authors by last name), and by a liberal estimate I've already come within 20 examples of proving my claim that I am hooked on over 100 series of books. By a more scrupulous and conservative accounting, I may have a bit farther to go. If you're in a hurry to see my take on more of these developing series, you can help me achieve that goal by donating "to support Robbie's book habit" via the PayPal button in the gadget panel to the right.

No comments: