Wednesday, February 20, 2013

And On...

The roll of series of books that I am trying to follow continues...
  • R. L. LaFevers
    • I'm up to book 3 of the now 4-book "Theodosia" series: Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus.
    • I also want to try out her "Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist" series, starting with The Flight of the Phoenix (not to be confused with the same-named novel by Elleston Trevor, on which were based the great film starring James Stewart and a not-so-great one starring Dennis Quaid).
  • Selma Lagerlöf 
    • I already have The Further Adventures of Nils on my shelf.
  • A. J. Lake
    • Book 2 of the "Darkest Age" trilogy is The Book of the Sword.
  • Katherine Langrish
    • Book 3 of her "Troll" trilogy is Troll Blood.
  • Justine Larbalestier
    • I already have Magic's Child, book 3 of her "Magic or Madness" trilogy.
  • Stieg Larsson
    • I have The Girl Who Played with Fire, book 2 of his "Millennium" trilogy.
  • Ingrid Law
    • I look forward to Scumble, book 2 of her "Beaumont Family" series.
  • Michael Lawrence
    • I already own The Underwood See, book 3 of the "Aldous Lexicon" trilogy.
  • Ursula K. Le Guin
    • I have on my shelf Tehanu, book 4 of her "Earthsea" quintet.
  • Jason Lethcoe
    • Book 2 of his "Ben Piff" quartet is Wishful Thinking.
    • I am also interested in trying out his "Mr. Spines" series, starting with Wings, and maybe also his juvenile sleuth series starting with No Place Like Holmes.
  • Gail Carson Levine
    • If I can get over the awfulness of the movie that was adapted from her book Ella Enchanted, I might continue her "Enchanted" quartet with Book 3, Fairest.
  • C. S. Lewis
    • Eight years ago, I was in the middle of reading That Hideous Strength (book 3 of his "Space Trilogy") when the worst experience of my life happened... and I've never felt like finishing the book. Sooner or later, I'm going to have to do it just so I can be done with it.
  • Robert Liparulo
    • Book 2 of his "Dreamhouse Kings" sextet is Watcher in the Woods.
  • Sam Llewellyn
    • Book 3 of his "Darlings" series is Desperado Darlings.
    • I am also interested in his "Monsters of Lyonesse" series, starting with The Well Between the Worlds.
  • Hugh Lofting
    • I have Doctor Dolittle in the Moon, which is book 8 of his 14-book "Doctor Dolittle" series; but before I read it, I want to catch up on the installments I've missed, starting with book 3: Doctor Dolittle's Post Office.
  • Lois Lowry
    • I have on my shelf book 2 of her "Giver" quartet: Gathering Blue. I think I may also have book 3, Messenger.
    • I also have at least one of her standalone books, Gossamer.
  • David Lubar
    • I have on my shelf at least the first 2 books of his "Nathan Abercrombie, Accidental Zombie" series, plus a couple collections of his short stories.
Stand by! There's more to come!

    No comments: