Monday, August 15, 2011

Shreds of a B-Movie Screenplay

[Interior. A biker bar.]

TOUGH GUY
I'm gonna hit you so hard that when you get up, a different actor will be playing you.

...

[Exterior. The edge of a cliff.]

CHARACTER ONE
Are you serious? That's completely idiotic!

CHARACTER TWO
Don't blame me. It's in the script.

...

[Interior. A psychiatrist's office.]

PATIENT
Doc, I feel like my life is a B movie.

DOCTOR
Sorry, would you repeat that? The boom mike was in the shot.

...

[Interior. A bedroom.]

WIFE
I heard a noise downstairs. Why don't you go check it out?

HUSBAND
Are you crazy? Can't you hear the creepy music?

...

[Interior. A torture chamber.]

VICTIM
Why are you doing this to me?

VILLAIN
Because it's in my contract!

...

[Interior. A bedroom. The love scene.]

WOMAN
Oh... this is never getting past the censor...

...

[Exterior. The climactic standoff.]

HERO
I know you won't shoot me.

VILLAIN
You do, eh? What makes you think so?

HERO
Because in 10 seconds, we're in SAG mandated overtime.

VILLAIN
Curses! Foiled again!

...

[Exterior. Two characters gazing off-camera in wonder.]

SHIRLEY
Oh, Ned! It's breathtaking, isn't it? Don't you wish everybody could see it?

NED
Too right, Shirley. There's no way we have the budget for this!

...

[Interior. A police station.]

WOMAN
Is this Missing Persons? My mother has disappeared.

OFFICER
Have you checked the cutting room floor?

...

[Exterior. The woods at night.]

WEREWOLF
Rawr!

VICTIM
Aw, you big phony! You don't scare me. I bet that snout comes right off! Oops...

WEREWOLF: Dammit!

...

[Exterior. A field.]

WOMAN
Look, it's a zombie! Shoot it! Shoot it now!

HERO [steps forward to take aim; a faint crunching sound is heard]

ZOMBIE [stops shambling]
Sounds like you found my contact lens, then.

...

[Exterior. The crime scene.]

WOMAN
He's trying to say something! What's he saying?

HERO [placing his ear next to the VICTIM's mouth]
He says... "This is the last time you'll catch me doing my own stunts..."

...

[Exterior. The same, take two.]

WOMAN
He's trying to speak! What's he saying?

HERO [with his ear next to VICTIM's mouth]
He says... "Get out of my key-light, jackass..."

...

[Interior. A biker bar.]

EUGENE
Boy, does that guy hit hard!

JOE
Eh? Do I know you?

EUGENE
Come on, Joe! Do you know me?! It's me, Eugene!

JOE
Huh. You look different somehow.

EUGENE
That's what I'm telling you!

No comments: