Monday, April 4, 2011

Have Your Cake, Bachelors

My Mom sent me the following recipe, along with a note saying: "It's a conversation starter! You can't taste the beans! The cake is very good. Unbelievable. You must try it. It tastes like spice cake! Everybody likes it!" I don't know who gave the recipe to her, but it looks like the kind of thing a bachelor could dig into...

PORK 'N' BEAN CAKE
Blend 15 oz. pork 'n' beans, 8 oz. crushed pineapple with juice, until pureed.

Add 2 cups sugar, 1 cup oil, 4 eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla.

Add 2 cups flour, 2 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. baking powder (??), 1 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. cinnamon.

Pour in ungreased jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 min.

Frosting: 8 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 cup margarine, 1 tsp. vanilla, 4 cups powdered sugar. Thin with 1 tsp. milk if needed.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hm, those ingredients all mixed together sounds ... weird. But if you promise it tastes good, maybe I'll try it. Do I have to be a bachelor? Or is it okay for us old, married folk, too? :)

RobbieFish said...

Well, I can't guarantee it because I haven't tried it. The question is, should we take my mother's word for it??

Anyway, anybody can make bachelor chow. It just takes a bachelor to live on it.