Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Congratulations!

Before I put this day to bed, I wish to congratulate the Rev. Matthew Harrison, who today was elected President of the Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod. When I was a lowly seminarian and he was the pastor of historic Zion Lutheran Church in Fort Wayne, I was impressed by the depth of his preaching, his studies in historical theology, and his commitment to parish outreach.

His approach to evangelism was "so crazy, it might just work"--focused on building relationships within the community. His years as Executive Director of LCMS World Relief & Human Care have built on this same commitment to showing love to people, not just as potential targets of a fundraising campaign, but as fellow souls.

I wish Rev. Harrison all the wisdom, patience, faithfulness, and strength that God can give in his new office, and Godspeed besides. Praise the Lord!

No comments: