Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Whimsy Contest

OK, folks. Now is the time! If you have a Google ID and password, use it. If you don't, get one. I want your feedback on this!

There is a street in the St. Louis area -- at least, it runs through Clayton, in a neighborhood I seldom visit. But on the few occasions when I have seen signage for this street, I have always thought it deserved a snappy comeback. The street's name is WYDOWN. Don't you just love the possibilities?

All right, my first attempt to complete the thought begun by "Wydown" was: ...WY NOT UP? A bit obvious, though, isn't it?

The last time I went through that neighborhood, my wit took me a little further: ...AND TAKE IT WYKE A MAN!

Now it's your turn. Use the comments to suggest a snarky (but family-friendly) follow-up to Wydown, or any other given street name. Go on! It won't bite!

1 comment:

Emrys said...

I can't help thinking WY is the state abbreviation for Wyoming, so WY NOT MODOWN?!? :)