Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sun Cups

I was impulse-shopping at World Market today when I came across an interesting candy concept: Sun Cups. Made in the USA, they are exactly like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups... except that, instead of peanut-butter-flavored filling surrounded by a milk chocolate shell, Sun Cups have sunflower-butter and dark chocolate. Plus, it's organic! It's nut free! It's gluten free! And it's fair traded!!!

Nevertheless, I decided to try one. It seemed like an acceptable risk at $1.50. But now I must express my regret. It really wasn't to my taste. It does for RPBCs what those candy-shell-coated sunflower seeds did for Reese's Pieces... which isn't much, really. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Sunflower seeds have never exactly lit up my taste buds.

If they light up yours, however, let me emphasize that there was nothing unpleasant in the flavor of this candy. You might actually like it. But I doubt that there's a big commercial future in store for Sun Cups. Not at their current price, anyway.

No comments: