Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dumb Headline

Today the internet presented me with yet another object of ridicule, from an already endless supply. It was an advertisement with (roughly) the headline: NEW FOOD SPRINKLE TRICKS BRAIN TO STOP OVEREATING.

First of all, my brain doesn't overeat. I do. Wouldn't it be a nice thing if my brain would go and stuff itself on brain food while the rest of me stayed skinny!

Second, I'm just waiting to see a testimonial for this miracle food-sprinkle: "I can't get enough of it!"

Third, it doesn't take brain-tricking chemicals to turn a food sprinkle into an overeating deterrent. Sprinkle it with anything that tastes really, really bad. Even better if it looks, feels, and smells nasty. Something, for example, like crystallized cat urine. Sprinkle it on everything you eat... trust me, you won't gorge yourself.

No comments: