Sunday, January 4, 2009

Praying for My Car

My car is sick. It's been hospitalized since yesterday. Time and the car doctor will tell whether it's going to make a recovery.

It's a vexing thing. I'm fresh out of a job, so it comes at a time when I can least afford it. Plus, I had just paid off what I owed for the car, so I was looking forward to driving it for a while "free and clear." And now I'm facing the likelihood of needing to replace the timing belt & water pump (for the second time in six years), if the whole engine isn't shot.

It's early days. The car doctor still hasn't run the tests on which to base a sound diagnosis. But his guess gelled with my guilty suspicion during the couple of weeks when I was concerned, but too busy to have my car looked at. I hope I didn't put it off too long. Early detection is the key to survival, for cars as well as people. All I can do now is pray!

No comments: