Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Guilty Pleasure of the Month

Do you like chocolate? Do you like peanut butter? Obviously, I'm not the first person who has had the idea of combining the two. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups no longer need the "You've got your chocolate in my peanut butter!" (Ding!) advertising gimmick from my childhood years to keep them going. They've apparently sold it off to the Medicated Nasal Strips people: "You've got your Vicks Vap-o-Rub on my Breathe-Right Strips!" (Ding!)

Just the same, it felt like a neat discovery today when I washed down a quarter-bag of Reese's Pieces (left over from a road trip) with a swallow of chocolate milk. The flavors blended nummily. The numminess was lingering, even. By the powers vested in me by my own arrogant presumption, I officially declare this candy-drink combo the "cheapo-decadent treat of the month." Don't overdo it, folks! Snack responsibly!

No comments: